We Take Your Right to Privacy Very Seriously
Located in Jindalee, QLD 4074; Centenary Natural Therapies Clinic (CNTC) is a professional organisation that provides allied health and natural therapy treatments, including Acupuncture, Naturopathy and Remedial Massage.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy either as a website visitor or a client of our clinic. For the purposes of data collection legislation, we are the data controller and will only process your data in accordance with the Australian Principles Privacy Act. We request that you please read this policy to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth of Australia – Privacy Act), and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) govern the manner in which we must manage your personal information. This policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information.
Visitors to our website
Collecting Your Personal Details
We may collect and process your personal data in the following circumstances:
- When you make a booking, or complete forms, or make a booking on our website where you divulge your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and other details.
- If you contact us through our website we may hold a record of your request and any information you provide.
- The pages you visited on our website and your general location e.g. Brisbane, London et cetera.
- We may gather information about your device and your I.P. address for use in our statistical data. This statistical data will not divulge the identity of website visitors, by contrast it is solely used to identify and analyse browsing actions and patterns.
Web Browser Cookies
- Our site utilises cookies to distinguish you from other visitors to our site. Our cookies cannot access your personal information, they enhance your experience as you click into different pages within the site. At your own option, cookies can be disabled in your browser, however, this will affect your website experience. (If you wish to disable cookies you can research the type of browser you are using on how to do this.)
Using Your Personal Information
- We may use your personal data for legitimate interests in order to provide you with: General information or information on natural therapy services that you have requested from us, process any enquiries you have made, and adding your e-mail address to our monthly newsletter.
- You may opt-out of our newsletter at anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” button, or e-mailing the clinic: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephoning us: (07) 3376 6911
Existing and New Clients of the Clinic
Making an Appointment
- When you first make an appointment with us, we will collect personal details such as your name, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, et cetera.
- To speed-up the online booking process, new and existing Clients have the option to create a CNTC online booking account. We will use the information you provide to process your booking.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for online bookings through “My Account”, you are responsible for keeping this password and your full login details confidential.
- CNTC accepts no responsibility for the security of personal data where the client has allowed a third party to access their personal information, either with or without using the client’s login details.
- When you purchase a CNTC Gift Voucher online, we need to collect relevant personal information, to ensure that vouchers are delivered to the right person and to prevent the fraudulent use of debit and credit cards.
- We currently use PayPal as our online payment processing platform. Whether you use your PayPal account or pay by credit/debit card, the clinic has no access to your financial information. Your payment details are strictly between you and PayPal. The clinic is informed by PayPal when a payment is made and who made it.
Keeping you Informed
- We may contact you from time-to-time by e-mail, SMS or post to make special offers or provide you with current and relevant news.
Sharing Your Feedback
- We might use your written feedback in our monthly newsletter and/or social media without fully identifying you, e.g. just your forename and postcode. Please inform us at time of writing if you would prefer your feedback not to be used in this way.
Your Medical Information
- In order to meet current legislation; there is an obligation to hold your medical information in relation to treatments and your health. Retaining such information is considered to be best practice in the delivery of allied health and natural therapy treatments to the client.
- Your personal information is considered extremely important and is kept in a secure manner at our clinic. However, if a client provides personal information by electronic mail (e-mail) to the clinic, CNTC cannot be held responsible by the client or their agents for third party (hackers) interception of such data. This paragraph also applies to telephone conversations and SMS (text) messages between the client and the clinic.
Information Between Therapists
- To provide you with the best possible care, discussions or information may be shared between Health Professionals within the clinic for the purpose of improving your health condition.
Legal Requirement to Disclose Information
- Your personal information will be only shared if ordered to do so by an Australian Commonwealth or Queensland court-of-law, or by written request from the Queensland or Australian Federal Police.
Accessing Your Records
- You may request the clinic to provide your medical information to you or to a third party within the medical or therapeutic field by written request that is duly dated and signed.
Failing to Provide Personal Data
- It is very important that clients of the clinic provide the most accurate information as attainable in relation to their health, in order for the clinic to provide the best and most suitable treatments possible.
Storing Your Personal Information
- The security of your personal information is of great importance to us and something that we take very seriously at Centenary Natural Therapies Clinic. We store your personal information in electronic format. All reasonable measures are taken to ensure your personal information is stored safely to protect it from interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
In relation to communications from the clinic to the client; the clinic may opt to communicate through any one or several of the following methods:
- electronic mail;
- SMS messaging;
- in person;
- letter or promotion sent by post.
The clinic cannot be held responsible for the security of personal information a client may send through any of the above-mentioned methods. Exception: when presented in person on a one-to-one basis.
Monitoring and Recording
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone calls and e-mails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
- We have CCTV cameras installed within the public areas of our premises for the purpose of providing service to our clients if reception is unattended, crime prevention, and for health and safety reasons.
- We retain such recorded CCTV information for 30 days.
- All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that all CCTV recordings are kept and stored through secure methods.
We may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where required by applicable laws and/or regulations.
Complaints and Feedback
Should you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Privacy Act, the APPs or a privacy code that applies to us, please contact us using the details below and we will take reasonable steps to investigate the complaint and respond to you.
Telephone: (07) 3376 6911
Centenary Natural Therapies Clinic
My Jindalee Village
62 Looranah Street
Jindalee, QLD 4074
If after this process you are not satisfied with our response, you can submit a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner. To lodge a complaint, visit the ‘Complaints’ section of the Information Commissioner’s website, located at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacycomplaints to obtain the relevant complaint forms, or to contact the Information Commissioner’s office.
The information contained within this policy pertains only to CNTC, Jindalee 4074.