Australian Natural Medicines Lead the World
IMPORTANT CLIENT INFORMATION
Australian Natural Medicine companies lead the world in manufacturing nutritional and herbal supplements. In contrast, supplements manufactured in other countries, including the US, may not always meet the quality and safety standards expected by consumers.
Manufacturing standards are not as stringent in the US, China, India or elsewhere as they are in Australia. Products produced in some of these countries may have elevated levels of heavy metals, pesticides, or microbial contaminants as they are not screened for these in many countries. They may also contain low levels of stated herbal active ingredients, the wrong herb entirely, or be adulterated with other unknown ingredients. This poses a serious risk to unwell and vulnerable patients.
The Australian made supplements we provide are extensively tested throughout their production.
- Herbal ingredients are tested before they go into a formula to ensure the correct material is used
- Nutritional ingredients are tested to ensure the correct composition
- Products are manufactured under stringent Good Manufacturing Practice conditions
- Finished products are then tested again to confirm that active ingredients have survived the manufacturing process
- Microbiological tests are performed to ensure safety before release
- Products are placed on stability trials so that you know what is on the label is in the product
Australian regulations insist upon the manufacture of natural medicines to pharmaceutical standards. In most countries supplements are considered “foods” so it is not compulsory to perform any of the above tests. For example, studies have confirmed that a high percentage of US made products do not contain ANY of the ingredients or contain different ingredients than stated on the label.
Your health is the most important asset you have. Nurture it and be rewarded by the investment.
You deserve the best!
(Based on a 2016 handout by Biomedica Nutraceuticals)