Best Health Funds for Natural Therapies
Do you want to get better value from your health fund? At this time of the year, many of our clients have used up their limit for natural therapies, and are not sure which is the best health fund for them.
In June this year, Choice did a Health Insurance Comparisons Review for singles, couples and families. We have created simplified tables of the results, based purely on natural therapies (acupuncture, massage, naturopathy) cover for each of these groups.
- There are 3 levels of cover in each table- basic, medium and top.
- The policies are for extras cover only, and do not include hospital cover.
- It is important that you consider the full level of cover that you want.
Because of this, these tables should be used as a guide only.
What is clear from the tables is that smaller health funds often provide better value than larger ones. We suggest that you
- Look up what are the best natural therapies options for you from the tables.
- Ring these funds and a few others to get a quote.
- We have had good reports regarding Frank Health Insurance, so you may like to include a quote from them.
- You could also ring iSelect, however keep in mind that they only compare 12 out of 36 providers.
- If you want to process your claims at the Clinic, don’t choose HCF or Latrobe Health Services, as they haven’t added natural therapies onto the Hicaps system.
When you ring the funds, let them know that you are shopping around, and ask them if they can waive the extras waiting period for you.
A few phone calls could save you a lot of money in the long term!
Health Insurance Comparisons Tables