Keeping You Safe from Coronavirus
Here are some of the extra precautions we are taking to help keep you safe when you visit our clinic.
- All clients will be asked to use our hand sanitiser when they come into the clinic (and their therapist will check that this has happened)
- Our receptionists disinfect our reception counter (including our Eftpos terminal), reception work area, front door handles, toilet door handles, etc. at least twice a day
- Our receptionists use hand sanitiser a minimum every 2-3 clients
- We ask our clients to swipe their own Eftpos/credit card and health fund card
- Disinfectant spray is kept at our reception and used regularly
- The chairs in our reception area are placed 1½ metres apart
- Naturopathy sessions can be by Skype or Facetime
- Products can be posted to you ($10 postage)
- You can arrange to park in our carpark, and we can bring your products to you and put them in your car
Cleaning and Sanitation
- All rooms are disinfected at least once a day
- Hand sanitiser available for everyone on our reception counter and in each treatment room
- Computer keyboards in each treatment room are sterilised after each acupuncture or remedial massage treatment
- As is already normal required practice, acupuncturists and massage therapists must wash their hands thoroughly after each treatment
- Quality facemasks are used by all therapists
- Our naturopaths use hand sanitiser after they have touched a client (for example taking their blood pressure)
- Shaking hands with clients is not allowed
- All of our staff receive free professional-strength immune supplements prescribed by our naturopath to look after their health and the health of our clients during this virus period.
- Staff training and discussion sessions on the virus and our requirements are held regularly
- (If a receptionist or therapist meets any of our criteria for clients not attending our clinic, they must self-isolate for at least 2 weeks)
Obviously, no-one will be allowed in the clinic who
- has a fever, or has developed a cough, sneeze, shortness of breath, a sore throat or fatigue/tiredness within last 2 weeks. (Sneezing is not normally a symptom of the virus, however it is a major cause of spreading it.)
- Exceptions may be provided by our Head Therapist if he determines their symptoms are not consistent with coronavirus (for example, someone who has a chronic asthmatic cough).
- has been in contact with anyone who may have been exposed to the coronavirus
- has been overseas in the last 2 weeks
We will refer anyone to a doctor or hospital for testing if they have any possible symptoms of the virus.
The National Coronavirus Helpline is 1800 020 080.
We ask for your patience and understanding with these requirements, which we believe are necessary and important. The situation with COVID-19 is still evolving, and we will continue to review our requirements and update them as required, to protect everyone as much as we can.
We also recommend everyone strongly boosts their immune system. Your immune system is the only defence your body has against viruses (including the coronavirus). The stronger your immune system, the less likely you are to contract a virus, and if you do, the milder your symptoms and the more quickly you will get over it.
If you would like to do this or just have your immune system assessed, we suggest booking in for a free Comprehensive Assessment at our clinic. (Terms and conditions- the Assessment is a completely free service, with no obligations whatsoever.) As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so rather than buying toilet paper, please look at protecting yourself effectively. 🙂