About Dr Michelle Blum (Acupuncturist)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Acupuncture)
- Post-graduate Certificate in Japanese Acupuncture
- Full Member of Australian Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA)
- Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
Michelle has worked as a natural therapist for just under twenty years. She began her journey as a massage therapist and then, feeling thirsty for more knowledge about the body, she commenced a Bachelor of Health Sciences majoring in Acupuncture. At the completion of her acupuncture studies in 2002, Michelle was offered a role to work alongside one of Brisbane’s most successful and experienced acupuncturists. She has continued working in busy and highly reputable practices in both Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast as well as her own.
Michelle’s passion for natural medicine sprang from her own personal health struggles, in particular, her very severe eczema and allergies, which since her childhood had caused her much distress, sleepless nights and discomfort. Her family members and loved ones implored her to take steroid medications such as cortisone, however Michelle felt that this wasn’t a solution but merely a short term, “band aid” approach. Instead, she wanted to find a long lasting, side effect free solution to her allergies through naturopathic (natural) medicine and acupuncture. Since she began her natural treatments for these issues Michelle has been virtually symptom free.
After graduating as an acupuncturist, Michelle developed a keen interest in the Japanese style of acupuncture. Some of the advantages of this approach are
- It is much more in-depth, including a very detailed assessment and diagnosis
- The emphasis is on treating the causes of the problem as well as the symptoms
- The techniques are very gentle
- The therapist obtains immediate feedback during the treatment on how the body is improving
- When done correctly, the treatments provide powerful and long term results
Over the years Michelle has completed many post graduate studies in Japanese Acupuncture, and has studied under a number of different Japanese acupuncture Masters.
In 2013, she also completed an Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy, Herbal Medicine & Nutrition.
Michelle is experienced in treating a wide variety of health issues, however she has a special interest in
- chronic and acute pain (such as muscle and joint pain)
- headaches and migraines
- women’s health
- sinus problems
- low energy and fatigue
- immune problems
- digestive conditions
- stress related problems.
Just like her, Michelle’s treatments are gentle, caring and thorough.