About Dr Michelle Blum (Acupuncturist)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Acupuncture)
- Post-graduate Certificate in Japanese Acupuncture
- Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy, Herbal Medicine & Nutrition
- Full Member of Australian Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA)
- Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
Michelle has worked as a natural therapist for just under twenty years. She began her journey as a massage therapist and then, feeling thirsty for more knowledge about the body, she commenced a Bachelor of Health Sciences majoring in Acupuncture. At the completion of her acupuncture studies in 2002, Michelle was offered a role to work alongside one of the most successful and experienced Brisbane acupuncturists. She has continued working in busy and highly reputable practices in both Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast as well as her own.
After graduating as an acupuncturist, Michelle developed a keen interest in the Japanese style of acupuncture. Some of the advantages of this approach are
- It is much more in-depth, including a very detailed assessment and diagnosis
- The emphasis is on treating the causes of the problem as well as the symptoms
- The techniques are very gentle
- The therapist obtains immediate feedback during the treatment on how the body is improving
- When done correctly, the treatments provide powerful and long term results
Over the years Michelle has completed many post graduate studies in Japanese Acupuncture, and has studied under a number of different Japanese acupuncture Masters.
In 2013, she also completed an Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy, Herbal Medicine & Nutrition.
Michelle is experienced in treating a wide variety of health issues, and just like her, her treatments are gentle, caring and thorough. Her approach is always to try and treat the cause of the problem as well as the symptoms. She has a particular interest in working with clients with fertility issues*, and other aspects of women’s health. She also has many years of experience in pain relief, and in the management of pain, fatigue and nausea relating to many chronic diseases.
(*It is becoming more common for our acupuncturists to work in conjunction with medical fertility specialists whilst a woman is undergoing ART (Assisted Reproductive Technologies such as IVF, IUI and ICSI). There is continuing research about how acupuncture can assist with the effectiveness of IVF treatment, and there is also broad agreement by acupuncturists and other health practitioners about using acupuncture in these cases. Please contact our Principal Practitioner if you would like to find out if acupuncture may be able to assist in regard to your specific situation.)