About Dr Anita Binnington (Acupuncturist & Registered Chinese Herbalist)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Acupuncture)
- Graduate Diploma (Clinical Acupuncture)
- Extensive post-graduate training, including
- Japanese Traditional Medicine (acupuncture and moxa)
- Vietnamese Face acupuncture treatments
- Korean Hand acupuncture treatments
- Cosmetic acupuncture
- Tung and Tan techniques (highly beneficial for the treatment of pain)
- German and Chinese Auricular acupuncture
- Full Member of Australian Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA)
- Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) for both Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs
Anita has been continuously practicing and studying acupuncture since 1987. This involved attending extensive seminars and workshops, as well as trips to China for further study.
“As part of my ongoing continuing education I have travelled to China many times, to train at the Red Cross Hospital, Hangzhou, China, usually for 3-4 weeks. During these visits I trained with specific doctors in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine.”
In 1992 Anita started her own clinic, which centred on the treatment of all types of pain.
“I have focused my clinical expertise on the treatment of pain, and have found great success, including with stubborn, recalcitrant chronic pain as well as severe and acute pain.”
As well as pain, Anita has a special interest in the treatment of
- Autoimmune disorders (such as Rheumatoid arthritis. Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Multiple sclerosis (MS), Type 1 diabetes, Coeliac disease, Ankylosing spondylitis, Graves’ disease, Psoriasis, Alopecia, etc.)
- Children, and children’s conditions
- Skin conditions (including psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, hives, itchy skin, etc.)
- Menopause symptoms
- Anxiety and depression
However, with her extensive experience, she has successfully treated a very broad range of other health problems, including a great many stubborn and long-term conditions.
As well as being passionate about her work, Anita is passionate about helping others, and prior to joining our clinic she spent 3 months performing volunteer treatments in India.
Anita is also a Diploma-qualified Yoga instructor.